Serving Carbondale and the Roaring Fork Valley, We offer repair and alteration services on an appointment/walk-in basis. We will work on outdoor gear and some apparel. We perform all work as fast as possible- often while you wait or less than 1 week to get your goods back into your hands.
- Reinforcement stitching or bar-tacks $5-$15
- Add a grommet or rivet: $5
- Patch a hole in a backpack: $10 – $40
- attach an embroidered patch: $5-$10
- Replace worn-out webbing/backpack straps $5-$20
- Replace broken buckles: $5-$15
- Velcro replacement: $5-$20
- Replace zipper sliders: $10 – $20
- backpack frame and frame-bag interface repairs: $15-$80
We will quote a fixed price on most work before we start – so you will know your cost before committing. Just like a bike or ski shop, We estimate most work at 60$/hr. Because we have a wide array of specialty tools, machines, and materials on hand, we can perform most work in an efficient, cost effective, and professional manner. We may also refuse work or re-direct you to a different service provider if we are not well suited to the specific work.
save time & $$$ by cleaning your item before bringing it in. (washing machine are great , for x-large items soapy water & a brush or vacuuming out the dirt/dust will be acceptable). Secondly, remove extra parts (backpack lids, etc.) and empty all pockets (large bills exempt!). We request that large & bulky items be picked up ASAP after completion of work.
Work that we may refuse:
- dirty items.
- anything by mail (we do repair work in person only)
- sewing through >1/4″ thickness materials
- load bearing climbing, paragliding equipment, or PPE(Personal Protective Equipment)
- Apparel alterations, tailoring, and home decor (contact Mountain Side Sewing or Le‘ Clarann’s Sew Shop)
- Horse, equestrian, and heavy leather products (contact Rachel’s Sewing Repair)
Keywords: sewing repair, outdoor gear repair, backpack repair Glenwood Springs, Carbondale, Basalt, Aspen, Colorado